Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Wonderful Journey.

Almost 2 years already?!!


I can't believe it..
About two years ago,
I opened my mission call.


What goes in to obtaining a mission call?
A whole lot of work!
It is sort of like applying for a job.
You have to fill out a bunch of paper work. 
You have to go see your dentist to get your wisdom teeth out.
You have to visit your doctor to make sure you are healthy. 
Go through a few different interviews.
Then you send all of this information to Salt Lake City, Utah.
Every missionary who is called and assigned to a particular mission is called by revelation through the Lord's servants, the prophets! A member of the Quorum of the Twelve assigns prospective missionaries to one of more than three hundred missions of the Church!


A few weeks later!
You open up your mail box...
And BOOM!
You have a big, thick envelope back from Salt Lake City!



I was at work when my call came in the mail.
 One of my sisters sent me a text message of a picture of the envelope..
Boy! Did that make the rest of the day tough!
I was so excited to see where the Lord had called me
 to serve for the next two years!

At about 8:00 o'clock that evening,
I opened it!


 Where was I called?


So many 
Thoughts and feelings
were flooding my mind 
at this point..


I was so nervous, 
but excited at the same time!


If you listen closely, you can hear one of my friends say, "Tennessee" around the 9 second mark.




TENNESSEE NASHVILLE MISSION!!
 
How crazy right!
 
 
 


Three very important things I have learned in the past 20 months while on my mission..

  1. Live Simple, We don't need to live above our means! A simple life centered on the Gospel of Jesus Christ is a happy life! Faith in Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end will help us through those hard times.
  2. Give More, We need to follow Christ's example! Christ gave all He had for each and everyone of us. Through His sacrifice we receive salvation, How great is that gift to you? What does that make you feel? How important is service to our fellow men and women?
  3. Expect Less,  Today the world is focused on instant gratification, we want everything right now! A great Christ-Like attribute is Patience, it is a tough one.. It is much needed though! Just remember, blessings will come! But in the Lord's time!
  4. Be Prayerful, The Lord wants to hear from us! He wants to know everything that we are going through, everything that we need help with, and everything that we are thankful for!
  5. Be An Example, We need to learn how to follow Jesus Christ and combine His teachings with our lifestyles. Study Christ-Like Attributes!

 






Keep on trekking!
It is a wonderful journey!

God has a plan for us all!

















No comments:

Post a Comment