Monday, January 20, 2014

That We Lived After The Manner Of Happiness.


 The Cut..
Good, Bad, and Ugly.

..Wait!
You are probably thinking,
"How can a cut like that be good??"

That is what I thought too when it happened!!

It was a little scary..
It didn't hurt too bad..
It made me pretty pale for a little bit..
And it came to pass that I do not like stitches!!

It happened one Saturday afternoon about 4:00 o'clock.

Went to the ER.

Cleaned it up.

Numbed me up.

Stitched me up.

I went on my way!



That still doesn't sound too fun right?..

I agree!

The Lord always has something planned!!

After the ER fiasco,
We had to run to good ole' Walmart to fill a prescription of antibiotics! (Don't want to get infected) As we were waiting in line at the pharmacy, a woman started talking to us! She had been taught by missionaries before in Little Rock about 2 years ago! She had no idea that there was an LDS congregation in Paducah. It was the coolest thing!

It turned out that we were even standing in the wrong line for 10 minutes! 
But, the Lord had put us there for a reason!
He knows best!!

I have definitely seen and been through a lot on my mission.
Some Great, Beautiful, and Amazing things!
Others painful, hard, and difficult.. I have grown so much from these experiences! If we have faith in our Father in Heaven, He will shape us into the person we need to become!


We all experience Joy and Trials. 

We wouldn't know the sweet with out the bitter.



EVERYONE HAS! Even prophets of old!
-Wandering in deserts for 40 years.
-Floods.
-Angry mobs.
-Doing what was RIGHT, Not always what was cool.

Nephi is a great example!
I love what he says in 2 Nephi 5:27

"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness."


We are supposed to have joy and happiness in this life.
I know that we achieve them by learning and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.



1 comment:

  1. thankyou for your blog, I love the Lord and have found that we can indeed live after the manner of happiness, after all the rough bits have been rubbed off! yet I trust my Heavenly Father has much more for me to learn.all the very best for the remainder of your mission Elder Brewer, and for your future life. ps. I was converted to the true church by missionaries, 35 years ago.

    ReplyDelete