Saturday, November 9, 2013

Biscuits & Gravy!


Like biscuits and gravy,
Sometimes they're great!
Sometimes not so good...

Have you ever felt like this?? 

      
                            //
                          //
                        //

 









I can promise you, that I have felt like that before! And many more have experienced the same exact feeling.              

                                           

Even our Heroes in the Scriptures have had times of trial and tribulation.

One example is Nephi!
He and his family did all that they were commanded, but even then Nephi and his family struggled at times.

-Nephi's brothers complained and murmured all the time.
-His brothers tried to kill him a few times!
-Nephi had his own struggles at times; His bow broke, build a boat.
-His dad even doubted him at times.
-He was tied to a mast of a ship for three days!



One of my favorite Nephi quotes is from 1 Nephi 4:3
"wherefore can ye doubt?"




 "Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard."
  "Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorrowethbecause of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities."
 "I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me."
 "And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted."
 "My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep."


-Nephi (2 Nephi chapter 4, Sometimes known as "Nephi's Psalm")





"No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."





Luckily, 
In the picture at the top
I had arm protection!


Thanks for reading,
Share it up!

"Love ya more than biscuits and gravy!"
----->
















No comments:

Post a Comment