Saturday, August 17, 2013

Deer and Antlers!

 The outdoors have always played a HUGE part of my life. I grew up having with only sisters.. So at times it was a little rough, The outdoors became my escape!

 (I still love my sisters a lot!)

Even on my mission, especially the past 18 months being in the sticks of Tennessee! I love being outside, pretty much all day, everday!




 

Recently I was moved to the Concrete Jungle of East Nashville. 
 
 
Completely different from what I am used to!
 
 
All of my open fields, ponds, cows, horses, turkeys, and deer were gone!
 
 
 
 




Now, the only wildlife I see
 consist of:
 
-Starlings
 
-Possums
 
-And the occaisional
Grafitti Deer!




 
Now I have a question for y'all!
 
-What do Mule, Whitetail, and Grafitti Deer all have in common?
 
They all have ANTLERS!
Yes, their antlers differ from eachother,
But they still have them.
 
 
 
 Every year, time after time, male deer shed their anlters.

In the spring and summer months, the deer start to grow their antlers.

In the winter months they lose their antlers.

You would think they would become annoyed by the routine right?


They do this, so their antlers can grow bigger and stronger every year!

I mean, who doesn't want to have the biggest, coolest, and best thing out there??

I am pretty sure everyone does, RIGHT?

I am guilty myself..



 
God has a plan even for the deer, a way for them to progress and grow.
 
 
Now...
 How can you relate a deer's antlers to your personal life?
 
 
Have you ever heard of the Currant Bush analogy?
 
 
 
 
 
 
In this analogy, God uses form of correction to guide us to a future we do not or cannot now envision but which He knows is the better way for us. President Hugh B. Brown, formerly a member of the Twelve and a counselor in the First Presidency, provided a personal experience. As told by Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the current Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 
 
 
Will you take a moment to listen
 to an Apostle of the Lord?
 




How can you apply these teachings into your life this week? And in weeks to come?
 
 
Just keep in mind,
it is not always easy,
everything will come to pass,
 and it will all be worth it in the end!





No comments:

Post a Comment