Saturday, July 27, 2013

Last Wednesday's Dinner Appointment.



We arrived just a few moments early..

As we walked our way up to the front door step something caught my eye! It was just a little guy, I didn't think anything bad would happen at all, it seemed harmless..
 
I ran after it! Not thinking too much about..
 
I grabbed it.
 
Held it up.
 
And luckily,
 
It was just a little garter snake!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
With that case I was safe! 
 
Or so I thought...
 
 
As I put the little guy down, He snapped at my foot!!
 
I am glad I had my shoes on! :)
 
If not.. I would have had a snake on my big toe!
 




 
 
 
 
At times in our everyday lives Satan will throw little things at us, They may just be little tiny temptations for things that don't seem so bad. Most of the time it is the little things that get us. We think to ourselves nothing bad will happen if I do it just this once...
 
BUT! That is how Satan snares us..
 
He gets us to just do little things that are not inline with God's will, and then we just keep on doing them, and doing them..
 
We have got to protect ourselves from falling into those traps!
 
It is a good thing God has given us things to strengthen us!
 
 
 
“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
“Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day. …
“Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
“And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
“Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
“And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit.” (Eph. 6:11–18.)
 
 
 
We need to use and put on the "whole" armor of God.
 
 
 
In the Book of Mormon, there is an amazing Hero named Captain Moroni. He is the man!! The scriptures say
 
"Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold the powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men."
 
 
 
How cool is that?!!
 
 
What are some things you can do to be like Captain Moroni and fight off the temptations that are thrown at us everyday?
 
 

 
Read more about Captain Moroni starting at Alma Chapter 43-62!

1 comment:

  1. The Best way I have found to keep my Armor on is to read my scriptures. With reading them it is like getting a new set of armor for every battle.

    ReplyDelete